How to use Scicos-FLEX on non-FLEX boards
It is possible to use Scicos-FLEX with non-FLEX boards. These steps should make it possible to compile an EE application based on a custom board.
Here is what you need to do:
- You need to write your own blocks. see the following link
- You need to create a template for your board.
- First, start from an existing template. The reference template is stored into the example eclipse plugin. under my PC, it is currently C:\Evidence\eclipse\plugins\com.eu.evidence.ee.templates.dspic_220.127.116.11011221106\examples\pic30\pic30_scicos
- Then, copy the template in another directory under the examples directory (for example, ".../examples/pic30/myboard")
- change, in the template.xml, the board ID from "board_flex" to "myboard"
- change the code to reflect your board configuration by editing the 'oil' and the source files.
- Now you need to add the template in the Scicos target settings, by editing the file SCI+'/contrib/scicos_ee/scicos_flex/dsPIC/macros /codegen/SetTarget_.sci', changing the templates list as follows: lab_template = ['board_flex', 'board_easylab', 'myboard'];
- At this point you need to recompile all the files by running "builder.sce".
Finally, when generating the code, use "myboard" instead of "board_flex" in the Target board parameter in the code generator dialog box.