E.R.I.K.A. Educational News
November 27, 2009
The ERIKA Educational website has been moved under the ERIKA Enterprise site on TuxFamily!
January 5, 2005
The ERIKA Educational Web Forums are on-line!
August 16, 2004
The WirelessRing Pathfollower movie is on-line!
July 14, 2004
The WirelessRing Pathfollower test, which could not be compiled, now works correctly.
July 12, 2004
ERIKA Educational 1.3 is out!
This version adds:
Check it out in the Download page!
- Wireless Ring (RF Transmission) support
- Preliminary Matlab code generation support
- Preliminary GGC 3 support, with support for newlib floating point
- Enhanced Infrared support
Moreover, the Master Thesis of Antonio Mancina on the design and
development of the RF Wireless Ring is now on the web site for
July 5, 2004
Added web pages for gcc3 and Matlab Toolbox support, and updated wireless page with a new schematic!!
June 1, 2004
A first version of the wireless gateway source code for the PIC16F876
is available for download on the wireless page. The gateway is not yet
working as it should, but if you want you can try it out!... In a few
weeks, we'll publish a PCB that is smaller than the current one, and hopefully a working wireless gateway. Enjoy!
May 7, 2004
Big news!!! ... it is almost time to release a new version of ERIKA Educational :-)... during these months, we have done the following works:
For this reason, a thesis section has been added in the download page!
- Check out the wireless project for ERIKA Educational!!!
- Michele Cirinei has just finished his master thesis developing a network layer for ERIKA Educational, that allows (we hope) an efficient use of the IR bandwidth...
- Antonio Mancina is finishing is master thesis too... He is providing a wireless support for RCX using an AUREL transceiver and a Microchip PIC... details on his thesis will be released (we hope) by end of June...
- Riccardo Vestrini has also finished his work, that consisted in the code generation from Simulink/Embedded coder to produce ERIKA-compatible source code. He also added support for gcc 3.3, enabling the usage of newlib's floating point mathematic library. Details will be available soon...
Moreover, the source code for the ERIKA Educational manual has been put under public CVS!!!
May 7, 2004
Finally, after a long time, the we site for ERIKA Enterprise is up and running!!!
Dec 20, 2003
Here is a nice work that implements monitors for ERIKA!
Nov 24, 2003
ERIKA 1.2 available in the download page! This version includes:
The documentation have also been updated, and some images/movies/paths for the newvehicle application are also available!
- enhanced infrared support (single and multi-byte send!)
- infrared transmission bugfix
- PWM support now can be installed on timers T80/T81 depending on the features (notes, IR transmission) wanted!
- other small bugfixes
- the vehicle demo has been removed from the CVS (obsoleted by newvehicle)
- we added a small program (rcx.c) that is able to receive from the IR tower without letting it shutting down...
Oct 21, 2003
After a long time we are back with ERIKA 1.1!! This version includes:
The documentation have also been updated, and a Bugzilla server is now
available to track ERIKA Educational bugs!
- C++ support
- a new motor library (with a PWM able to reach 1 KHz!!!)
- infrared support
- a few bug fixes
Mar 27, 2003
The ERIKA Educational CVS Repository is now available to everyone with an anonymous account. Checkout instructions can be found in the download page!
February 26, 2003
- The Erika web site has been totally redesigned! The change in the
web site reflects some changes in the distribution policy. In fact,
the project has been splitted in two: ERIKA Educational and
ERIKA Enterprise. Please read the Project Overview for more
- Erika Educational 1.0 is out and can be downloaded on the web
- Erika Educational Manual 1.0 is out and can be downloaded on the